Saturday 19 December 2009

PEANUT BUTTER WOLF - 45" LIVE

Photobucket

After catching wreck on dozens of 45-only Hip-Hop sets worldwide, Peanut Butter Wolf has hooked up with the good folks at Five Day Weekend to put together this insane collection of rap 45's. The box set features 10 x 7" vinyl classic rap 45's selected and re-edited by Peanut Butter Wolf and a large format sticker & liner notes written by Peanut Butter Wolf all packaged in a LIMITED EDITION tin case. All of the tracks are available for the first time ever on 7" vinyl format.This project is such a great honor for me to be involved with. This is one of the crowning moments of my music career, seriously. As a kid growing up in San Jose, CA when all this stuff was coming out, I was hooked and half a lifetime later I still am. I can only imagine what these songs sound like to a teenager today hearing them for the first time, just as they probably wonder what it was like for someone like me to have heard them for the first time back when it was all happening. I've also always wondered what it was like to grow up in one of the five boroughs in Hip Hop's infancy in the 80s. These songs were the closest I got to knowing."
-Peanut Butter wolf

If you love your Hip Hop 45"s as much as i do you need this Limited Edition box set in your life..would make the dopest christmas gift this year!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment